ONLINE TRAINING VERIFICATION
The above video is now also available by audio podcast on iTunes. You may access it by going to iTunes and searching “AWFUMC Podcasts.”
As mandated by the United Methodist Church, the congregation of First United Methodist Church, Montgomery, Alabama has established Safe Sanctuaries Policies to demonstrate an absolute and unwavering commitment to the physical and emotional safety and spiritual growth of all who enter. The policies are designed to give clear boundaries and guidelines that provide for the safety and protection of all children, youth, vulnerable adults, volunteers and employees of First United Methodist Church.
My electronic signature below:
- Verifies that I have either:
- viewed the Alabama West-Florida Conference Safe Sanctuaries video provided to me through First United Methodist Church, Montgomery, Alabama.
- listened to the podcast provided by the Alabama West-Florida Conference.
- Verifies that I understand the Two Adult Rule and recognize it as the core principle regarding the supervision of children, youth and vulnerable adults.
- Two Adult Rule: a minimum of two adults who are not related to each other should be utilized in all programming with children, youth, and at-risk or vulnerable adults. However, when unfeasible to staff at buildings and outdoor areas with two non-related adults, there should be at least an additional adult serving as a floater with visual and physical access to all areas where such programming occurs. Visual and physical access means either an open door or door with a window provides a line of sight enabling the floater to see into a room or other building space and to see fully outdoor sites where covered activities or events take place.
- Verifies that I will follow the Safe Sanctuaries Policies of First United Methodist Church, Montgomery, Alabama. The full Safe Sanctuaries Policies document may be found here: Safe Sanctuaries Policy Guide.
Please contact Renee Norman, Safe Sanctuaries Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions, concerns or policy clarifications. In addition, any FUMC minister or staff member can assist with all aspect of policies or procedures.