In 1931, the dedicated members of Court Street Methodist Church decided to move the church to what was then the hinterlands of Montgomery, Cloverdale Park. During the dark days of the Great Depression they undertook a building project that resulted in the beautiful “Cathedral in the Pines” we so love today, with the Sanctuary being completed in 1943. During construction they encountered many obstacles, including the tragic gas explosion destroying the Education Building. At one point, to continue construction, Church members mortgaged some of their own property to provide funds to complete the buildings.
These intrepid First United Methodist Church members of the Greatest Generation left us an endearing and permanent Legacy to their faith in God’s work. We now have an opportunity to honor their Legacy through our prayerful consideration in providing for our own Legacy endowment gifts to FUMC.
Please look over the Legacy Giving Brochure by clicking on the button below. You may also contact Ed Reifenberg at 334-481-0387 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.