Great Day of Service 2016
Saturday, March 12
Jesus said, “You are the light of the world…let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven” Matthew 5:16
During the Great Day of Service, we will unite with other churches in the tri-county area to share the light of Jesus Christ with the world. As messengers of God we hope to strengthen the witness and unity of the Church through our service together.
This is not just one day for us to serve. It is designed to introduce us to the many agencies around our community that faithfully serve others. This day is intended to launch us into a deeper relationship with these agencies that we may serve with them throughout the year.
- Child Protect: Volunteers are needed for building and grounds maintenance.
- T.S. Morris Elementary School: Volunteers can choose from projects in library, classrooms, courtyard, & landscaping clean-up. All ages & skill levels needed.
- Sew & Grow for Missions: Volunteers will sew dresses and shorts for children. They will work from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Children’s Project: details provided by the Children’s Ministry
- Youth Project: details provided by the Youth Ministry.
ASSEMBLY PROJECTS IN FELLOWSHIP HALL (BEGINNING AT 9:00 A.M.):
- Gift of Life baby bags: Volunteers will assemble baby bags with supplies for mothers of newborns.
- Gift Wrapping: Volunteers will wrap Easter presents for DHR foster children.
- Health Kit Assembly: Volunteers will assemble kits for UMCOR.
- Hygiene Kit Assembly: Volunteers will assemble hygiene kits for our Clothes Bank.
Sunday school class projects to be determined.